
Well, since I haven't done anything on this and have been married for 5 months now, i just i better catch up with everything. Ok, first, let me tell you about how Ira and I first met. I had met Ira through a mutual friend at our friends house. It was on a Saturday and my roommate and I went over to help peel wallpaper off of his bathroom wall and we were bored and decided to help him. Ira had just come back from the oil fields and had this long greasy hair and had a wanna be beard going on (he doesn't grow hair evenly on his face, weird, I know) anyways, I wasn't at all interested in him and he was interested in me either because I was in my brothers basketball shorts with this workout t-shirt on and no make up and hair a mess. Anyways, we weren't interested. But then that next Tuesday he had come to see our friend (same guy) play softball with our family's team. He looked 15 times better then he had the first time so, and of course I looked good cause it was a softball game and there are always good looking guys at softball. Keep in mind I was dating this other guy who was really into me and I didn't really care for. (He asked me to be his girlfriend like a week before and I declined him cause I didn't want a steady relationship, but we still went on dates, he paid so I didn't refuse) hehe. Anyways, Ira showed up and I didn't recognize him till I saw him up close and noticed it was the same guy. He had shaved, got a really nice haircut and had really nice clothes on, so he looked pretty darn hott! So that's when I had some interest in this guy. Anyways, I was living out of the house at the time so I was pretty cheap so I had asked my mom to bring me some food cause I was hungry. I could tell Ira was hungry cause he kept on looking at it, so I had a couple of bites and then I gave him more then half of my food. He fell in love. We all hung out later after the game and he was flirting with me and things were pretty cool, and I loved it. I saw him the next day and we hung out again and he cuddled with me and everything was going pretty good. He held my hand on that night (March 10th, 2007). The next night after much anticipation, he asked to give me a good night kiss and I of course said yes. Only a peck though, a real gentleman. Early in the day I had officially broken it off with this other guy. I was kind of ignoring him and he got the hint and asked me what was going on and I told me I was seeing another guy and I broke up with him. Also at this time, Ira had gone on his mission to the Philippines and he was planning on going back that next week after I had met him. He had his ticket and was packed and ready to go till he met me. We had become official on friday about being boyfriend and girlfriend. I met his mother that night, because we had decided on our way to his parents home that we were to be official and I met his mom that night. Late, like 11PM or so. She didn't want me to meet her because she thought I was ruining her sons life by not letting him go to the Philippines to go to school. So when I met her, she absolutely fell in love with me. We talked that night for about 2 hours and she has loved me ever since. So everything was meant to be for Ira and I. One month later, Ira and I had gone and looked at rings and bought my dream ring. One month later Ira finally got the guts to ask my dad to take my hand, and six months later, we were married. This month, actually on March 9th, 2008 will be our first year mark from when we first met. I have no doubt in my mind that Ira and I were meant to be together and it has been a dream since then. But anyways, way to much writing for one day. I'll tell you about our engagement maybe tomorrow. Love you all!! Monica Latham
5 comments:
aww, so cute! yay for a blog, you better update more often than steve & beck!! ;) xoxo
Cutey patootey. That pretty much says it all.
Love,
That weird cousin Mike
PS Ira is a hottie!
PS Our blog is:
granolapaynes.blogspot.com
Yay Monica! Now you're cool like us!
add me!
www.kerripuff.blogspot.com
this computer is in spanish so i dont know how to use it!
Post a Comment